I... I am standing here
Waiting for the world to start over.
And I have seen the stars appear
And shift into a consciousness
Far greater than my own.
And now, I find, out in the distance,
A blinking green light
Showing me the way back home.
I was lost, but now I'm here.
And I have turned myself around,
And now I see that this beginning
Is far greater than the past.
I could fear... but fear means inhibition.
And I have a greater mission in store.
I... I am lying here
Waiting for the change to take over.
And I have seen your heart appear
And break into a dead run
That's fighting with your soul.
And now, out in the distance,
That blinking green light
Keeps telling me I'm on my own.
You are lost, but now I'm here.
And you can turn yourself around.
And prove to me that what you're feeling
Is less destructive than the past.
I could love... but love makes living risky
And I'm not sure I'll make it....
(I wrote this at midnight, and at first I thought that I added a random Gatsby reference, but now that I read it, this song is sort of about Gatsby).
No comments:
Post a Comment